On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 8:43 AM, John Hunter <jdh2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM, John Hunter <jdh2...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If you're not available Michael, let me know or I will infer by your
>> silence and try and make the branch myself from your instructions in
>> the developers guide.
>
> I'm going top infer by your silence Michael that you may be on
> vacation so I am going to proceed with making the release branch.
> Fingers crossed.

I think I followed the instructions pretty closely, but merge tracking
still appears to be breaking.  We had problems with this on the 99
main branch and Michael was at a loss to fix them.

The branch is created and you can check out and commit to it, but
merge tracking is breaking.  The branch does not show up in when you
call 'svnmerge.py merge' even after doing

  svnmerge.py init
https://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/matplotlib/branches/v1_0_maint

OR

  svnmerge.py init
https://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/matplotlib/branches/v1_0_maint
--force

and then committing.

I am going to proceed with the release from the branch, but merge
tracking maybe FUBAR for a while.

We can fall back on svn merge I suppose if MGD can't figure out what
is wrong with this.

You can get the maintenance branch from:

  svn co
https://matplotlib.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/matplotlib/branches/v1_0_maint
mpl1

JDH