>> Hi all,
>>
>> Recently, it has become more and more common that the travis builds
>> fail.  They fail not because the test suite fails but because of some
>> inherent issues with travis itself.  Usually, either the git clone
>> fails or some other simple shell command fails.  I consider these
>> 'failures' as being false negatives.  While a false negative once or
>> twice a month would not be anything to worry about, I feel like this
>> is happening often enough to render the pull request status extremely
>> unhelpful.
>>
>> I realise the above is merely my opinion, but I feel that I would be
>> surprised if others did not find the Travis' false negative hit rate
>> tiresome.
>
> Agreed.
>

>> If practical, I would like to move away from travis and have our test
>> suite run on a more reliable service.  How do others feel about this?
>>

> Good--but what is the superior alternative?

There's shiningpanda: this is what scikit-learn now uses (with
travis-ci): https://jenkins.shiningpanda.com/scikit-learn/
It's quite flexible, but I think you are limited to only a couple of
builds per day on master. It doesn't really replace travis, as travis
is supposed to run against PR but it is better than nothing.

Previously, scikit-learn used buildbot, hosted on one of the french
python association. I've got access to the server, and I can ask the
board members if we can set up a buildbot there. I'm sure that's not a
problem. But, once again, this will run the tests on master, not on
the PR.

Last but not least, maybe we can see what numfocus has to offer.