TikZ is an extremely well-designed library for generating professional
figures within the cumbersome TeX framework.  Currently, my work flow is to
generate TikZ code using Python.  The TikZ is compiled into PDFs, which are
then included in my LaTeX files.  I would like to work entirely in Python.

This means that I want to incorporate TikZ's features into matplotlib.  I
want to start with custom pgf arrowheads.  Will this be possible.  What is
the process from feature idea to pull request that I would have to go
through?

Best,

Neil