On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 10:53 AM, Thomas Caswell <tcasw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A few very quick comments (just skimmed the docstrings)
>
> We already have a mpl.path.Path class, please don't shadow that.

I read the Path class and based mine on that.  The problem is that I want
to be able to place nodes along the path (like labels) and so I need to ask
it questions.  Maybe we should just extend the existing Path class?  Or
else we should call my Path something different?

> Is your `Path` going to be an `Artist` that is responsible for drawing
> it's self or does in serve a role like the existing `Path` in that it is
> used by other artists as part of their `draw`?
>
> This feels very similar to the `FancyArrow` (with classes being passed in
> to control how the arrow is styled), would this make sense as an extension
> to that code?  This does seem more general, maybe it makes sense to start
> from scratch and implement `FancyArrow` in terms of this code.

Yes!  Didn't know about that.  I think modifying and extending that code
might be a good way forward.