I installed gsview and gscript and tried it.   The good news is that when I
print from inside gsview, the error page is gone.  The bad news is that the
oritentation is wrong.  My plot is designed for landscape.  From word, I set
the page setup to landscape, import the picture, and print.  But with gsview,
it imports my plot 90 degree wrong.   Changing orientation flips the whole page
90 degree but the plot gets rotated as well and so it still prints wrong.

I guess I have no choice but to regress step by step and see which MPL feature
aggrevated this condition.

--
John Henry