Jordan Atlas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Now, when I try to save a PDF (with the newer version of matplotlib), I
> get the error:
 [...]
>   File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backend_bases.py", line
> 383, in draw_tex
>     raise NotImplementedError
> NotImplementedError

That means you are trying to call TeX, which is not supported by that
version of the pdf backend.

> I get the same error as in my original post when trying to save an EPS:
 [...]
> RuntimeError: ghostscript was not able to process your image.
> Here is the full report generated by ghostscript:

Do you have ghostscript installed? If you set verbose.level to debug or
debug-annoying, what do you get?

>>Do you mean the (TeX-like) mathtext format parsed by
>>matplotlib?
>>
> I guess I mean TeX-like mathtext format parsed by matplotlib.  For
> example, I'm using things like this:
>
> rc('text', usetex=True)
> Plotting.xlabel(r'\textbf{Time (s)}', fontsize=16)

usetex=True means that you are trying to use an external TeX program.

--
Jouni K. Seppänen
http://www.iki.fi/jks