Chris Withers wrote:
> Michael Droettboom wrote:
>>> That's cool'n'all, but when is svn going to make it into a Windows
>>> binary release? ;-)
>>>
>> I suspect your question is somewhat rhetorical, but...  it will
>> probably be a while ;)
>
> Why is that? Who cranks out the binary releases on Windows and what
> compiler do they use?
Matplotlib recently underwent a major refactoring of the code to make it
easier to add new transformations and projections to the system.  This
code is significantly less tested than the latest release.  The idea of
a release is that it is reasonably well-tested and reasonably stable.
Obviously, the matplotlib releases aren't perfect, but I suspect 0.91.2
is far more safe and predictable than SVN trunk is right now.

However, there is a branch, matplotlib_0_91_maint, that *theoretically*
should be the latest release + any important bugfixes, but no new
features.  I say *theoretically* because occasionally bugfixes are made
only to the trunk.  If you find such a fix, let us know and hopefully
someone can backport it.

Mike

--
Michael Droettboom