On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 2:43 AM, G Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm confused, because I don't see any place where self.canvas.draw is
>  called in the code1 version. Also, when I resize the figure, the
>  background region changes, so the plot gets messed up as I have
>  noticed before with this method. Does anyone know a good way to
>  recapture a clean background, in particular when the image is resized?

It's a good question.  There is no explicit fig.canvas.draw in the
code1 example, but there is an implicit one, since the relevant
function calls ("draw_artist", "restore_region" and "blit") occur in
the wx OnTimer method.  These things are GUI dependent, but stuff that
happens in the idle hander or timer handler of GUI toolkits often
happen after the initial mpl draw.

JDH