On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 6:43 AM, Jae-Joon Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The Agg backend has a clear() method which fills the canvas with (1,
> 1, 1, 0).  I tried to put this method in a few different places.  It
> worked for savefig(), but I couldn't get it work in the interactive
> backend (GtkAgg).

I think what you are seeing is the problem I described here

http://www.nabble.com/gtkagg-pixel-buffer-bug-td18051692.html#a18051692

I spent some time working on it and came to the following conclusion:
if the mpl figure is fully transparent, you see whatever is in the gui
rendering buffer, which may be unintiialized memory.   In some sense,
mpl is doing what is asked of it, making a fully transparent figure.
Clearing the agg buffer is not enough if it is transparent -- you also
have to init the canvas buffer.  The question is: with what?

JDH