Hi Etienne,

Sorry to hear about your disappointment. You can read about the attempt
to resurrect the 3D plotting capabilities here:
<http://www.nabble.com/Updating-MPlot3D-to-a-more-recent-matplotlib.-td22302256.html>

Unfortunately, this doesn't help you right now.
Depending on the type of 3D plotting you want to do, some suggestions
for other packages that support 3D plotting from Python and work now are:
Mayavi2's mlab interface
<http://code.enthought.com/projects/mayavi/docs/development/html/mayavi/mlab_3d_plotting_functions.html>
gnuplot.py <http://gnuplot-py.sourceforge.net/>
DISLIN <http://www.mps.mpg.de/dislin>
R via RPy <http://rpy.sourceforge.net/>

and I'm pretty sure there are more too.

Right now, if mayavi2 looks like it'll do what you want, I'd recommend
it as your next stop. And in my opinion, I wouldn't say that your time
spent learning matplotlib was wasted - 2D plotting is usually useful and
matplotlib may soon again have limited 3D capability.

Gary R.

Etienne Gaudrain wrote:
> Hello list !
>
> This is probably a recurrent topic, or even more probably HAVE been a
> recurrent topic... So sorry, sorry, sorry... I wanted to search the
> archives but Sourceforge is very slow today (...).
>
> Anyway, here is my question:
>
> Is it right that Matplotlib can no longer plot 3D graphes?
<snip>