On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 12:15, D2Hitman <j.m.gir...@warwick.ac.uk> wrote:
> I am looking to change the size/style of the tick markers. Not the labels
> associated with each tick, the dashes. How do i go about this?

There are several options in matplotlib config file (on Debian it's
/etc/matplotlibrc, but you can have also a user specific one) you can
use to configure the ticks style, for example:

#xtick.major.size     : 4      # major tick size in points
#xtick.minor.size     : 2      # minor tick size in points
#xtick.major.pad      : 4      # distance to major tick label in points
#xtick.minor.pad      : 4      # distance to the minor tick label in points
#xtick.color          : k      # color of the tick labels
#xtick.labelsize      : medium # fontsize of the tick labels
#xtick.direction      : in     # direction: in or out

You can access them also with rcParam dictionary provided by matplotlib module.

Regards,