Hi Jon,

the dashed associated with each tick are actually line instances and therefore
hold information about the used marker, markersize, color, ...

For example you could do the following:

import matplotlib.pyplot as plt
ax = plt.gca() # get the current axes

for l in ax.get_xticklines() + ax.get_yticklines():
    l.set_markersize(10)

plt.show()

best regards Matthias