Lee Boger wrote:

> Thanks for the quick feedback. I changed the last line from
> figure.figure.show() to pyplot.show() and it worked without crashing the
> interpreter. However, if I close the figure then re-run the script, a
> new figure pops up but it doesn't have any data plotted. Interpreter is
> now locked up, the run-time error occurred and no figure stored as a
> file log_plot. I un-installed numpy-1.4.0 and installed numpy-1.3.0, but
> the results were as I just described.
>
> Lee

At this point a Windows user may need to step in.  I know nothing about
PythonWin.  My suspicion is that this is a problem of dueling event
loops, and one solution would be to use ipython instead of pythonwin.

(Note that you typically need to use "reply to all" on this list,
otherwise the reply does not get copied to the list.)

Eric