Python version 2.5.1, Tk version 8.4, IDLE version 1.2.1

Lee

Christoph Gohlke <cgoh...@uci.edu>
02/09/2010 03:08 PM

matplotlib-users <matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
cc

Subject
Re: [Matplotlib-users] Runtime Error - Need Advice

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 03/11/2010

I am not sure what's going on. The script you posted imports pylab in
the first line. It should be defined. The scrit works just fine after
the proposed changes, even from Pythonwin. Did you completely quit
Pythonwin after the crashes and made sure no corrupted python instance
was left running? Please send the version string of your python
installation.

Christoph

On 2/9/2010 11:10 AM, Lee Boger wrote:

> Per another suggestion, I did uninstall numpy 1.4 and installed numpy
> 1.3, but got the same results. Using pylab.savefig('log_plot) resulted
> in the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\Program Files\Common

Files\dSPACE\Python25\lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",

-
>>> came with dSPACE software package
>>>
>>> Downloaded and installed matplotlib-0.99.1.win32-py2.5.exe from
>>> sourceforge.net
>>>
>>> Downloaded and installed numpy-1.4.0-win32-superpack-python2.5.exe
from
>>> sourceforge.net
>>>
>>> Executing the following simple "log plot" script within PythonWin:
>>>
>>> *from* matplotlib *import* pylab
>>>
>>> # Create some artificial data.
>>> test_frequency = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15,
16,
>>> 17, 18, 19, 20]
>>> test_results = [-0.2, -0.7, -1.0, -1.5, -2.0, -2.5, -3.0, -3.5, -4,
-5,
>>> -6, -7.1, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -15, -20, -25]
>>> spec_frequency = [6, 8]
>>> spec_results = [-3.0, -3.0]
>>>
>>> # Plot
>>> figure = pylab.subplot(111)
>>> figure.semilogx()
>>> figure.scatter(test_frequency, test_results, s=20, c='b', marker='s',
>>> edgecolors='none')
>>> figure.scatter(spec_frequency, spec_results, s=40, c='g', marker='s',
>>> edgecolors='none')
>>> figure.grid(True)
>>> figure.set_xlabel(r"Frequency (Hz)", fontsize = 12)