On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 8:34 AM, Alan G Isaac <alan.is...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/1/2010 9:06 AM, John Hunter wrote:

> For the binaries, what is the recommended NumPy version?
> I assume the current release (1.4.1)?

Are you on windows?  The windows binaries are build against numpy
1.3.0 so any and numpy since then should be good since they are
forward but not backward compatible.  At lease that is my
understanding.  The OSX binaries are built against numpy 1.2.1 so any
numpy after than should work.

> (Also wondering, not that it's any of my business, whether the
> current refactoring project for NumPy has implications for the
> upcoming MPL 1.0 relase.)

Are you referring to the refactoring to try and make numpy more
accessible as a C library?   That has no implications for 1.0, since
we are hoping to get that out soon and the numpy project is
multi-month at least.  In any case, mpl 1.0 should be able to be
compiled against all the recent numpys in the wild.

> PS Btw, it gets said often but once more won't hurt:
> Matplotlib is wonderful!

Thanks!  Jae-Joon Lee, Michael Droettboom, Ryan May, and Eric Firing
have been doing the heavy lifting on the regular development work, and
we continue to see lots of fantastic contributions from users.  I'm
just trying to keep up :-)  There is really a lot of fantastic stuff
in the upcoming 1.0 so I look forward to getting that out soon.

JDH