On 6/25/10 12:21 PM, phob...@geosyntec.com wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Unfortunately, I don't have a solution for you. I just wanted to chime in and
> say that I'm getting the same error. I'm on XP, py2.6, mpl0.99.3, np1.4.1,
> sp0.8.0b1. Basemap came from the latest Windows binary on Sourceforge.
> -paul

Bill,Paul:  I'm pretty sure this is due to a binary incompatibilty
between cython extensions compiled with numpy < 1.4 and numpy >= 1.4.
The installer was probably created with numpy 1.2.1, and you  have numpy
1.4.1.  Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to make windows
installers, so you'll either have to compile basemap yourself on
windows, or downgrade your numpy.

-Jeff

Jeffrey S. Whitaker         Phone  : (303)497-6313
Meteorologist               FAX    : (303)497-6449
NOAA/OAR/PSD  R/PSD1        Email  : jeffrey.s.whita...@noaa.gov
325 Broadway                Office : Skaggs Research Cntr 1D-113
Boulder, CO, USA 80303-3328 Web    : http://tinyurl.com/5telg