On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 8:07 PM, Ryan May <rma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Benjamin Root <ben.r...@ou.edu> wrote:
> > Also, I would be cautious about using both pylab and matplotlib.pyplot in
> > the same code.  These modules each make different assumptions about how
> you
> > code and mixing them can cause some odd behaviors.
>
> Do you have a specific example? pylab is just pyplot with some
> additional imports from mlab and numpy. Otherwise, they're the same
> plotting API.
>
> Ryan

Sorry, no, I don't have any specific examples.  Only that I have seen
"mysterious" issues disappear when the code was converted into one style or
the other.  This was way back in the days when I was just learning
matplotlib, so I really didn't understand what I was doing at the time.  In
any case, it was those issues that caused me to completely switch over to
the pyplot style.

Ben Root