On 02/04/2011 02:03 PM, Christoph Gohlke wrote:
[...]
> How about these changes to color.py (attached). This avoids copies, uses
> in-place operations, and calculates single precision when normalizing
> small integer and float32 arrays. Similar could be done for LogNorm. Do
> masked arrays support in-place operations?
>
> Christoph

Christoph,

Thank you.

Done (with slight modifications) in 8946 (trunk).

I was surprised by the speedup in normalizing large arrays when using
float32 versus float64.  A factor of 10 on my machine with (1000,1000),
timed with ipython %timeit.  Because of the way %timeit does multiple
tests, I suspect it may exaggerate cache effects.

Eric