On 07.02.2011 17:17, Jouni K. Seppänen wrote:
> Jouni Seppänen<j...@iki.fi>  writes:
>
>> I filed this in the bug tracker:
>> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3175113&group_id=80706&atid=560720
>
> I installed TeX Live 2010 on my Mac in order to test this, but
> mysteriously, the pdftex.map file does not have a line for pbkdo8y. The
> closest match is
>
> pbkdo8r URWBookmanL-DemiBold ".167 SlantFont TeXBase1Encoding
> ReEncodeFont"<8r.enc<ubkd8a.pfb
>
> which is the same font but with another encoding. I wonder if this
> indicates a problem in the way Ubuntu sets up TeX Live?

Hi Jouni,

currently Ubuntu still uses Texlive 2009. I also got the same bug
(http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.matplotlib.general/26110)
with Texlive 2010 installed directly from tug.org.
I think it is unlikely that this is an Ubuntu specific problem, but I
don't know for sure whether this file gets generated during the
installation or is unmodified from the Texlive distribution.

Greetings
Alexander