On 06/16/2011 04:31 AM, zb wrote:
> line 1245 of cbook.py is missing the windows platform. So windows cannot
> be tested.

In the development version of mpl it can (I added it--but too recently
for it to have gotten into 1.0.1), provided you have the "tasklist"
executable, which I think is a free download from Microsoft.

If you would like to try it, you could include the new version, below,
in your test script.

Eric

def report_memory(i=0):  # argument may go away
     'return the memory consumed by process'
     from subprocess import Popen, PIPE
     pid = os.getpid()
     if sys.platform=='sunos5':
         a2 = Popen('ps -p %d -o osz' % pid, shell=True,
             stdout=PIPE).stdout.readlines()
         mem = int(a2[-1].strip())
     elif sys.platform.startswith('linux'):
         a2 = Popen('ps -p %d -o rss,sz' % pid, shell=True,
             stdout=PIPE).stdout.readlines()
         mem = int(a2[1].split()[1])
     elif sys.platform.startswith('darwin'):
         a2 = Popen('ps -p %d -o rss,vsz' % pid, shell=True,
             stdout=PIPE).stdout.readlines()
         mem = int(a2[1].split()[0])
     elif sys.platform.startswith('win'):
         try:
             a2 = Popen(["tasklist", "/nh", "/fi", "pid eq %d" % pid],
                 stdout=PIPE).stdout.read()
         except OSError:
             raise NotImplementedError(
                 "report_memory works on Windows only if "
                 "the 'tasklist' program is found")
         mem = int(a2.strip().split()[-2].replace(',',''))
     else:
         raise NotImplementedError(
                 "We don't have a memory monitor for %s" % sys.platform)
     return mem