Hi Richard,

I've submitted this a while ago to the mailing list [1] as well, but nobody answered. :-( Hopefully, somebody knows an answer this time.

- Marcel

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/matplotlib-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg20684.html

Am 19.08.2011 04:03, schrieb Richard Neher:
Hi folks,

it seems to me that there is a bug in scatter when using log scale. Have a look at the output of the following script:

from pylab import *

print matplotlib.__version__
x=arange(10)
plot(x, exp(-x))
ax=gca()
ax.set_yscale('log')

scatter(x, exp(-x), label= 'works fine')
scatter(x, zeros(10), marker='x', label='shows up at 0.1, rather than 0')
legend()
savefig('scatter_bug.png')

On my machine, scatter puts zeros on the logscale somewhere at 0.1, where they aren't supposed to be.

thanks a lot,
richard

The verbose output:

$HOME=/Users/richard
CONFIGDIR=/Users/richard/.matplotlib
matplotlib data path /Library/Frameworks/EPD64.framework/Versions/7.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/mpl-data
loaded rc file /Library/Frameworks/EPD64.framework/Versions/7.0/lib/python2.7/site-packages/matplotlib/mpl-data/matplotlibrc
matplotlib version 1.0.1
verbose.level helpful
interactive is False
units is False
platform is darwin
Using fontManager instance from /Users/richard/.matplotlib/fontList.cache
backend MacOSX version unknown
1.0.1

The resulting figure: