On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 9:02 AM, Ethan Gutmann <ethan.gutm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, congrats Ben, both on finishing the PhD and on the job. If you ever
> find yourself in Boulder, CO (I'm at NCAR), let me know and I'll buy you a
> drink.

Indeed, congrats to Ben!  And I'm very glad to see your many
contributions to the project finding acknowledgment and long-term
benefits for you.

BTW Ethan, it's been a few years since the last time that John  Hunter
and I lectured at NCAR (Dec. 2007), but in early April Min
Ragan-Kelley and I will be teaching at a workshop at CU, focusing on
data analysis with the 'scipy stack' and ipython's parallel machinery.
 This will be in the context of a genomics workshop on campus, but if
you are interested we might be able to meet up with some of the python
crowd at NCAR...

Just let me know if you are interested; best to write to
fernando.pe...@berkeley.edu, as I sometimes stop monitoring mailing
lists if I get swamped.

Cheers,