Hi All,

Sort of hijacking my own thread here.  I posted another issue yesterday or the
day before, and this has caused me to find some bigger problems...

> Most likely, there was a change to your matplotlibrc file.  There is a
> setting in there for "interactive" and by default, it is set to False.  If
> you uncomment it and set it to True, you should get back the behavior you
> expected.  You can also explicitly set the interactive mode to True from your
> scripts with a "plt.ion()" call before loading your other modules.

I was having such problems with my setup (mac os 10.6.8, EPD 7.3[ python2.7
matplotlib 1.1.0]), I decided to completely wipe all my python installations in

/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/

I then re-installed EPD 7.3
I modified my matplotlibrc to
backend      : TkAgg
interactive  : True

I have run with --verbose-helpful to verify that these options are used (at
least at startup).
But my plots still vanish as soon as the script is done :`(  [that is me, a
grown man, crying]

I see I can use matplotlib.pyplot.isinteractive() to see that interactive is
true.
How can I print the rc param to check the backend?  I haven't found this on
google or in the matplotlib userguide yet.

Also, any ideas?  I am pulling hair out since of course I am supposed to be
doing analysis for a talk next monday.

Thanks,

Andre