Hello,
I really appreciate the work done by matplotlib but I really think that
the interface must evolve. Here is a small example.

*    object.set_something(...)*
*    object.get_something()*

It could be easier to use a jQuery like style as in the following lines.

*    object(...)*
*    object()*

This will considerably simplify things.

Here is a more realistic example.

*    fig = pylab.figure()*
*    ax  = fig.add_subplot(1,1,1)*
*
*
*    ax.set_xlabel(*"xLabel"*)*
*    ax.set_ylabel(*"yLabel"*)*

The a jQuery like style would be as in the following lines.

*    fig = pylab.figure()*
*    ax  = fig.add_subplot(1,1,1)*
*
*
*    ax(xlabel = *"xLabel"*, ylabel = *"yLabel"*)*
*
*
I don't know enough matplotlib to propose other examples
but I really think that there is a lot of things that could make
matplotlib much more Pythonicly easy to use.

Christophe BAL