On 2013-03-15 08:19, Paul Hobson wrote:> On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 8:01
AM, Christophe BAL <projet...@gmail.com> wrote:

 >> Hello,
 >> I really appreciate the work done by matplotlib but I really think
that
 >> the interface must evolve. Here is a small example.
 >>
 >> *    object.set_something(...)*
 >> *    object.get_something()*
 >>
 >> It could be easier to use a jQuery like style as in the following
lines.

 >> *    object(...)*
 >> *    object()*

 > Interesting thoughts, Christophe. There is currently a MEP to do
something
 > similar:
 > https://github.com/matplotlib/matplotlib/wiki/MEP13

        I think the current situation is better than this jQuery style, and
the MEP is better than the current situation.  Using lots of verbose
getters and setters is unpythonic, but calling objects directly in
that catch-all way is even more unpythonic.  There are lots of things
you might want to do to an MPL object, and we shouldn't elevate
attribute get/set as the "main one" that should be accessed by the
call syntax.

        That MEP would be great, though!

--
Brendan Barnwell
"Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is