As for the rest of the two suggestions: [
https://github.com/pmarshwx/SHARPpy/tree/gui
https://github.com/PyAOS/aoslib]
there doesn't seem be routines included for CAPE and CIN calculations.

I am working on idealized orographic precipitation simulations in WRF that
will hopefully be presented in the Mountain Meteorology conference in
August. Perhaps I am extra cautious, but I need a good control especially
on CAPE calculation (independent of data-points, being able to specify
where to lift the parcel and specify mixed layer depth etc.).

This could be a good subject to discuss on the coming SciPy conference. The
abstract deadline is tomorrow. I might join if I can get some funding to
attend the conference. Is there any symposium planned for atmospheric
science people? Thanks again.

--
Gökhan