Hi all,

I am trying to run power flow on my power network with different load
profiles, while all generators are enforced to be within their Q limits.
However, sometime I face this error :

Newton's method power flow did not converge in 10 iterations.
Gen 17 at upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus
Gen 25 at upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus
Gen 29 at upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus
Gen 18 at lower Q limit, converting to PQ bus
Index exceeds matrix dimensions.

Error in bustypes (line 43)
        ref = pv(1);    %% use the first PV bus

Error in runpf (line 291)
                [ref, pv, pq] = bustypes(bus, gen);

Error in loopACPF_New_h2m (line 110)
results = runpf(ps1, mpoption('pf.enforce_q_lims', 1));

and it jump out of the program. I expect even in case of not converting, it
should not give any error as some times it gave this comment :

Newton's method power flow converged in 8 iterations.
Gen 19 at lower Q limit, converting to PQ bus
Gen 28 at lower Q limit, converting to PQ bus

Newton's method power flow did not converge in 10 iterations.
Gen 25 at upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus
Gen 29 at upper Q limit, converting to PQ bus
Gen 18 at lower Q limit, converting to PQ bus

Newton's method power flow did not converge in 10 iterations.
All 1 remaining gens exceed their Q limits : INFEASIBLE PROBLEM

which is fine, because it let the rest of the code continues to run.

So I am wondering if any one has any idea why the first case happens and
how I can prevent its happening .

Thanks,

Mahraz