For OPF studies, I typically model wind simply as a zero-cost generator with
PMAX adjusted according to the wind speed. For time step analysis you may want
to use scale_load()
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu//matpower/docs/ref/matpower6.0/scale_load.html>
to modify the loads per period. See also FAQ #2
<http://www.pserc.cornell.edu/matpower/#homework>.

    Ray