+1 on moving to commons-logging
-1 on moving to JDK1.4 logging

What problems are there running Maverick on JDK1.3?  The only tricky
thing is making sure you have an XML parser since it isn't builtin.

The only thing preventing a move from log4j to commons-logging was the
absence of anyone who actually wanted to use it that way (as opposed to
a bunch of people, including myself, who just think it might be a good
idea).  We try to follow the XP YAGNI principle, which is why Maverick
is as simple as it is.

It sounds like we now have a customer for that change.

Do we have a volunteer to do the conversion?

Jeff