The file field is a file object field. In Python this is just a file-like
object such as the ones returned by the open command. On Javascript you can
use a formdata objects
(https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/FormData/Using_FormData_Objects)

and send all the document fields as a single object or send the string
fields in the body of the post request and the file as a standalong Blob
object (https://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Web/API/Blob) which behaves
similar to Python's file-like objects.

--

---