as I see, the mounted docker folder eg. mayan_data, needs a subfolder
"settings".
Mayan will check if a local.py file exist , and if not do an initial
installation and create a local.py file in that folder

But when I start mayan the 2nd time, so the file exists, it gives the error

mayan.settings <208> [ERROR] "<module>() Error importing user's local.py;
No module named media.settings.local"

so my local.py is in  /Users/tony/mayan_data/settings

Starting docker:

docker run --name mayanedmspostgresql  -p 80:80 -v
/Users/tony/mayan_data/:/var/lib/mayan mayanedms/mayanedms

--

---