Thanks Roberto , but i still have the same issue:
now I do this
docker volume create --name mayan_media --opt type=none --opt
device=/Users/tony/mayan_data --opt o=bind
docker volume create --name mayan_settings --opt type=none --opt
device=/Users/tony/mayan_data --opt o=bind
docker run  --env-file=/Users/tony/mayanlocalpostgres.properties --name
mayanedmspostgresql  -p 80:80 -v mayan_media:/var/lib/mayan -v
mayan_settings:/etc/mayan mayanedms/mayanedms

still same error:

mayan.settings <217> [ERROR] "<module>() Error importing user's local.py;
No module named media.settings.local"

--

---