There are some changes to improve that. Search terms are now routed to an
"AND" query. That means that a search for: Tag1 Tag2 will return documents
with both Tags. To offer the opposite choice we added and "OR" syntax.
Searching for: Tag1 OR Tag2 will return documents with either of both. We
started working on negative search queries like: -Tag1 which would return
documents that don't have the Tag, but this feature is very hard to
implement and not ready. We are talking about adding but not documenting
it. We want only experienced users to test it.

Searching without using a specialized search database is tough. Most
software just take the lazy route and force the user to install a dedicated
search engine. Early on we noticed Mayan's design called for avoiding a
separate search engine at the cost of some missing search syntax. The OR
and negative term is our first attempt at adding special syntax to Mayan's
our search code. It we get good feedback, we plan to add more.

The indexing, tagging and smart linking in Mayan make searching almost
obsolete. It is a brilliant design that I haven't seen anywhere else. We
are taking about automatic tagging to elevate tags to the same level as
indexes and links which are automatic.

--

---