> Am 24.09.2018 um 13:17 schrieb Federico Severin <fede_bas...@yahoo.it>:
>
> Hello everybody, I’m new here.
> What I need is to build a file, to be hosted on FileMaker Server, that
> listens to incoming connections on a TCP port and reads data.

The plugin can't trigger scripts on server, so you need to do this in a script.
e.g. create socket and run a script every minute, which checks for one minute
if something comes from the socket.
Like you call Socket.AvailableBytes to check if data is available for the
socket.
Or use Socket.CheckAll for all sockets.

> The data consist in very simple alphanumeric strings that come from a barcode
> scanner. The difficult part is that I’d like to do all of this server side,
> without involving FileMaker Pro clients. Is it possibile?

It's easier on FM Pro.

> I thought I had to create a scheduled program on the server to run the
> “Initialize” script, but it doesn’t work. It seems to fail already at the
> registration step, but the only information I can get from that is a question
> mark.

Does MBS("Version") give a question mark? Than plugin is not installed on
server.

see
https://www.mbs-plugins.com/archive/2018-09-22/Installation_of_MBS_Plugin_on_/monkeybreadsoftware_blog_filemaker

Sincerely
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:

http://www.mbsplugins.de/