OK, doing some more research this may be a HID device so I could use
MacHIDMBS.
I can currently connect to the device using MacHIDMBS but I can't seems to
get any data from it.
I think I need the ability to get a report from the device.
In my case it may be specifically a "Feature Report"
See this...
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/devicedrivers/conceptual/HID/new_api_10_5/tn2187.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40000970-CH214-SW81
Look at the section headed "Getting and Setting HID Reports"
Looks like I may need the funcitons...
IOHIDDeviceGetReport, IOHIDDeviceGetReportWithCallback, IOHIDDeviceSetReport,
and IOHIDDeviceSetReportWithCallback

A good test may be the versions without Callbacks.

How hard would it be to add these functions to MacHIDMBS?

Dean Davis