Hi,

I have a console application handling  invoice and licence automatic generation
using dynapdf.

I have no problem with the invoice, and I can handle bold or normal different
chunk of text using pdf.SetFont before every chunk of text.

For the licence text I have a bunch of text from a database, that I write using
WriteFText to span the text across multiple pages.
To insert some basic formatting(I need only some parts in bold), I’m trying to
use some pseudo-html tags in the text.

so I am trying for a sample text string like this:

“this is normal text<b>this is bold</b>This is normal again”

TimesBoldHandle=pdf.SetFont("Times", pdf.kfsBold, 20.0, true, pdf.kcp1252)
TimesHandle=pdf.SetFont("Times", pdf.kfsItalic, 20.0, true, pdf.kcp1252)

licenceText = ReplaceAll(licenceText,"<b>","\FT["+str(TimesBoldHandle)+"]")
licenceText = ReplaceAll(licenceText,”</b>","\FT["+str(TimesHandle)+"]”)

this is taken from an MBS example, ‘create PDF with text block fonts”

the problem is that in my software, both TimesBoldHandle and TimesBoldHandle
will contain a value of -67108964, and the font change is not working

What is driving me mad is that if I load the MBS example and run it,
TimesBoldHandle and TimesHandle will be respectively 0 and 1, and all is
working as expected!

What I am missing here?

thanks in advance,

        Giulio