> Am 03.04.2018 um 11:09 schrieb Jean-Luc Arnaud <jean-...@cdmultimedia.fr>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently extracting pages from PDF files to JPeg files using
> RenderPageToImage.

Okay. If you pass in empty folderitem, you make a JPEG in memory which you can
query with GetImageBuffer.

> This works very well but is a little bit slow (about 2 minutes for 270
> pages).

That is not a bad time, but depends on how much is on the pages (especially
transparency effects) and how big the resolution is.

> - How to save the buffer directly as a JPeg file, avoiding redoing
> RenderPageToImage?

Why do you do it twice anyway?

> - I found ParseContent which is drastically faster than
> RenderPageToImage (5 s for 270 pages!), but generates Tiff files. Is it
> possible to direct it to a buffer instead of a Tiff file?

ParseContent does different things.
It exacts content of page, so if page has an image, it can give you the image.

Of course if page only contains one big image, you could simply exact it.

What do you do to get a tiff?
Maybe we can add a parameter for jpeg?

Sincerely
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:

http://www.mbsplugins.de/