I'm using the MIDI functions in MBS. Not PortMIDI.

I'm working on a SysEx editor for a obscure hardware device called a AK4. So
far it's going good, but there's a problem.

The AK4 has a mode it can go into when plugged in called PF Mode, which gets it
ready for firmware updating. Otherwise it's in regular mode.

Upon startup I send the AK4 a message to find out if it's out there and to
retrieve the version number and firmware version number.

This all works fine in regular mode, but when it's in PF mode, I send the
message but the AK4 sends back a PROGRAM ERROR message, and then upon
displaying my main form (which does not call MIDI at all), my app crashes with
this error log:

0   XojoFramework                       0x000000010a619906
FindObjectCode(RuntimeObject*, int) + 79
1   MBS_MacCF_MIDI_Plugin_20059.dylib   0x000000010cd4f88f
myMIDIReadProcPortOnMainThread(void*) + 127
2   MBS_MacCF_MIDI_Plugin_20059.dylib   0x000000010cd507be invocation function
for block in RunOnMainThread(void (*)(void*), void*) + 14

To make things stranger, I can prevent this from happening by simply having the
MIDI Studio up (within the Audio/MIDI Setup Utility app in macOS). The AK4 does
not return an error message but hands back the info just like in regular mode.

Any thoughts?

Garth Hjelte
Sampler User