At 01:59 AM 2/20/2020, you wrote:

>>to make things stranger, I can prevent this from happening by simply having
>>the MIDI Studio up (within the Audio/MIDI Setup Utility app in macOS). The
>>AK4 does not return an error message but hands back the info just like in
>>regular mode.

>Well, can you make sure you are not throwing away the Midi Port or Endpoint
>object too early?

In this case, what I do is:

- Create both OUT, then IN
- I send a small SysEx message out
- I poll the IN and get a small incoming message
- I retrieve the data and destroy both the IN and OUT

I checked a number of things and everything seems to be fine; it's just in the
case MBS MIDI is crashing.

This occurs in both 10.6 and 10.14, REALStudio and Xojo, 32 and 64-bit. MBS
19.4 and 16.4.

>I think there may be a race condition where the Xojo object is destructed
>while we have a pending call to main thread.

I'm unsure where or why though. I mentioned that as a hint, I can circumvent
this by simply having the Audio/MIDI Setup app open.

Garth Hjelte
Sampler User