> Am 19.11.2022 um 19:31 schrieb Garth Hjelte <ga...@chickensys.com>:
>
> So my question is: does MBS have this functionality? Or are the guts taken
> out for you as well, like the SDK's you use to build MBS in the first place?

Well, please keep using those old file type/creator on older macOS versions.

In newer ones, the support is broken/removed.

> It's be great if MBS could type files; but if not, I guess my solution would
> be to (hopefully) find the combination of Xojo that created 64-bit files that
> still had the ability to type files, and make a console Helper app that I
> could call via Socket (like my current Helper App) to type files.

Well, we have them with FileListMBS to read.

But I don't think we have a function to write them, sorry.

Wait, you can use ExtendedAttributesMBS module to read the Finder attributes.
The com.apple.FinderInfo one should be 16 byte long and contain the type and
creator on the beginning:

struct FileInfo {
  OSType              fileType;               /* The type of the file */
  OSType              fileCreator;            /* The file's creator */
  UInt16              finderFlags;            /* ex: kHasBundle,
kIsInvisible... */
  Point               location;               /* File's location in the folder
*/
                                              /* If set to {0, 0}, the Finder
will place the item automatically */
  UInt16              reservedField;          /* (set to 0) */
};

So read the attribute, fill in the value and write it.

Best regards,
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:

http://www.mbsplugins.de/