MDA is pleased to announce the addition of a new section to the
Collections Link website, the primary advice and information resource
for collections managers in the UK.

The Standards for Exchanging Exhibitions section is the first part of
the Organise Displays and Exhibitions component. It has been
developed for Collections Link by the Touring Exhibitions Group (TEG)
having originally been commissioned by MLA as part of their programme
to revise and update the Standards in the Museum Care of Collections
series.

It is a full revision of the 1995 publication 'Standards for Touring
Exhibitions,' which is now presented as a series of interactive pages
aimed at the key players in any exhibition exchange - the owner, the
organiser and the venue.  It is supported by comprehensive guidelines
and notes, and has links to the TEG Handbook.

Sarah Champion, TEG Chair and CEO of the Chinese Arts Centre in
Manchester, commented, 'The Touring Exhibitions Group very much
welcomes the publication of the updated Standards for Exchanging
Exhibitions under the Collections Link banner. Ten years ago, at the
time that we were editing our first Manual of Good Practice, we
worked closely with the Museums and Galleries Commission on the
original Standards for Travelling Exhibitions. When we revised the
Manual into the new online Handbook, we jumped at the chance of
continuing this close relationship with an input into the revised
Standard. We look forward to working with MDA on the further
development of Collections Link.'

The publication of the Standards has already been welcomed by
collections practitioners. Rachael Rogers, Curator at Abergavenny
Museum commented, 'This is a wonderful resource. The system of easy
to digest information, followed by more detailed guidance makes
finding out about issues affecting our museum quick and
straightforward. The Standards offer really useful advice and the way
they are laid out according to organiser, lender and venue means that
you can dip in and out of them to find very specific information.'

Access the Organise Exhibitions section of the Collections Link
website at:

http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/organise_exhibitions
 Gordon McKenna  e-mail: gordon at mda.org.uk
 MDA
 The Spectrum Building,
 The Michael Young Centre,
 Purbeck Road
 Cambridge CB2 2PD, UK

 Tel:    +44 1223 415760
 Fax:    +44 1223 415960

Setting the standard for managing collections information