Robert L. Weiner Consulting
Strategic Technology Advisors to Nonprofit and Educational Institutions
San Francisco, CA

robert at rlweiner.com
415/643-8955

www.rlweiner.com

-----Original Message-----
From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu] On Behalf Of
Kathy Amoroso
Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2009 10:18 AM
To: mcn-l at mcn.edu
Subject: [MCN-L] Confidence in Online services?

Hi All,

I have been reading about so many people moving things to Google Docs or
Flickr. Aren't you afraid that they could just fold someday? I am nervous
to rely on third-party solutions since there is no guarantee. We tell
contributors to the Maine Memory Network NOT to use our servers as their
only storage system since the future is not guaranteed.

Kathy

Kathy Bolduc Amoroso
Director of Digital Projects
kamoroso at mainehistory.org or kathy at mainememory.net
Maine Historical Society, 489 Congress Street, Portland, ME 04101
(207)774-1822 x227 |  www.mainehistory.org | www.mainememory.net

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu