Museums and the Web 2011 (MW2011)
the international conference for culture and heritage online
April 6-9, 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
http://conference.archimuse.com/mw2011

our tag: #mw2011

PARTICIPATE IN PERSON
If you're coming to MW2011, there are many chances for you to be
actively involved in the program.

Unconference Sessions: Thursday April 7, 2011
Each year at MW we set aside some time on the first day for discussion
of pressing issues and questions. Come prepared to propose an
unconference session, or to actively participate in one. For details,
see
http://conference.archimuse.com/mw2011/session/unconference_topic_proposal_session

Crit Rooms at MW2011: Friday April 8, 2011
Bring your site to the Crit Room or the Mobile Crit Room, and get
immediate, honest feedback from your peers. If you'd like your site to
be featured, or you'd like to participate on a panel, please contact mw2011 at
archimuse.com

Closing Plenary: Mind the GAP ? Reflections on the Google Art Project,
Saturday April 9, 2011
Pose your questions about the Google Art Project to a panel of museum
participants, and a representative from Google. For details, see
http://conference.archimuse.com/mw2011/session/closing_plenary

PARTICIPATE ONLINE
There are also opportunities for you to be involved online, even if
you can't make it to Philadelphia.

MW2011 Papers: On-line
The first group of papers to be presented at MW2011 papers are now on-
line. Browse the list from http://conference.archimuse.com/mw2011/speakers
    All papers will be on-line before the meeting. Take a look and
dive in to the issues. Leave a comment, or ask a question.

You can also search all past MW [and ICHIM] papers from
http://conference.archimuse.com/biblio

Best of the Web People's Choice Voting: March 25 - April 4, 2011
We need your opinion about the best museum sites on the web. Review
the sites nominated for Best of the Web awards at
http://conference.archimuse.com/mw2011/best/nominees
   and figure out which is your People's Choice. Voting will be open
March 25-April 7, 2011.

If you don't have an account, register so you can vote. You don't have
to be attending the conference to support your favourite site.

MW in Social Media
As well as our own community at http://conference.archimuse.com,
MW2011 can be found on Twitter [museweb]; Linked In [Museums and the
Web group], Facebook [Museums and the Web page and Museums and the Web
2011 event], Lanyrd [Museums and the Web 2011], Flickr [MW2011-15th
group], and Slideshare [Museums and the Web group]. See the list at
https://conference.archimuse.com/mw2011/mw2011_online_the_permanent_backchannel
  and join us!

UPCOMING DEADLINES

Hotel Registration Deadline: Monday March 21, 2011
MW2011 takes place at the Loews Philadelphia hotel and it's important
for conference economics that you stay at the conference hotel if you
can. The MW2011 conference rate is available until March 21 from
http://conference.archimuse.com/mw2011/local
  If you shop around you might be able to beat this with a flight/
hotel package or other offer, but please stay at the Loews (your
booking counts no matter how you make it).

Advance Registration Deadline: April 1, 2011
If you are coming to MW2011, please make sure to register in advance.
You'll save a bit of money, and have an easier time when you arrive.
See https://www2.archimuse.com/mw2011/mw2011.registrationForm.html

SEE YOU SOON!
There are already people from more than 23 countries registered to
come to Museums and the Web 2011. Join us onsite ? and online ? as we
celebrate the best work by museums on the web, wherever the network
might reach.

MW is a great chance to make our "virtual community visceral" (in the
words of an MW2010 delegate). We hope to see you there!

jennifer and David

Jennifer Trant and David Bearman
Co-Chairs: Museums and the Web 2011
MW2011 | April 6-9, 2011 | Philadelphia, PA |
http://conference.archimuse.com/mw2011

produced by Archives & Museum Informatics | 158 Lee Avenue, Toronto,
Ontario, Canada
email: mw2011 at archimuse.com | phone +1 416 691 2516 | fax +1 416
352-6025 | twitter: @museweb