From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu]On Behalf Of
Robert Mason
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2010 3:35 PM
To: Museum Computer Network Listserv
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] Database access for curators?

I'd be interested to know what "approval" is needed by db staff to "check" the
"corrections" of the curatorial staff. It is the curatorial staff that are
experts on the collection, not necessarily the db staff.

M.

Dr. Robert B. J. Mason (E-mail: robert.mason at rom.on.ca; fax (416) 586-5877)
Dept of World Cultures, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen's Park, Toronto,
Ontario, M5S 2C6, CANADA
Associate Professor, Near and Middle Eastern Civilizations, University of
Toronto, 4 Bancroft Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1C1, CANADA
web: http://www.utoronto.ca/nmc/mason/mason.html

>>> Perian Sully <perian at emphatic.org> 6/23/2010 1:35 PM >>>
Hi Maggie:

I don't know if Mimsy has workflow capabilities, but some systems allow you
to be notified of changes or let you see/approve the changes before they
become live.

Barring that, I've also instructed my curators to place the original
information into a notes field before they delete it entirely (but I also
have backups to refer to, in a worst case scenario).

~Perian

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu

http://toronto.mediatrope.com/pipermail/mcn-l/

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu