Amalyah Keshet

?????: ??mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu] ??? Deborah Wythe
[deborahwythe at hotmail.com]
??????: ????? ???? 23 ??????? 2009 17:18
????: mcn-l at mcn.edu
??????: [MCN-L] how paperless is your museum?

We had a conversation this morning with the director about greening the museum
and one of the things that came up was going paperless (where it makes sense --
I'm use to be the archivist, after all). He asked for some examples of museums
who were doing it and doing it well.

Anybody out there want to put their museum out there as an example of a (pretty
much) paperless shop?
What have you automated? Payroll? Personnel files? Purchase orders? Financial
records? Loans? (I'm assuming that with CMS systems, a lot of object
documentation is now paperless.)

And a related question: anyone with a full-fledged electronic records program
up and running successfully?

I browsed this year's MCN program (how I wish it was searchable...) and didn't
find any references to "paperless" or "electronic records."

Thanks, everybody!

Deb Wythe
Brooklyn Museum

deborahwythe at hotmail.com

Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow!
http://microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/default-ga.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:102009

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu