Deb,
Not quite what you were asking about but the V&A has been looking at its carbon
footprint :
http://www.vam.ac.uk/about_va/reports_plans/carbonwatch/index.html
More recently it has been studying the impact of travelling exhibitions where
it turns out the impact has been unexpectedly low. This work has yet to be
published.
Best wishes
Gail

Gail Durbin
Head of V&A Online

>>> Nina Simon <nina at museumtwo.com> 26 October 2009 >>>
Deb,

The Mattress Factory is hard at work at being a green museum, and they
have blogged about their many efforts - from the galleries to the shop
to membership to air conditioning - in this regard:
http://artyoucangetinto.blogspot.com/search/label/GREEN%20INITIATIVES

Nina

Nina Simon
Museum 2.0 - www.museumtwo.com

831.331.5460
nina at museumtwo.com
1040 Mystery Spot Road
Santa Cruz, CA 95065
skype, twitter, yahooIM, flickr, facebook: ninaksimon

To post to this list, send messages to: mcn-l at mcn.edu

http://toronto.mediatrope.com/pipermail/mcn-l/

10 October 2009 - 17 January 2010 at V&A South Kensington
Book now on www.vam.ac.uk

Wonderland - Fairytales, Myths and Legends from Around the World
26 September 2009 - 10 January 2010 at V&A Museum of Childhood
Admission free

Keep in touch - visit www.vam.ac.uk and sign up for our regular
e-newsletter

The information contained in this message is confidential and intended only
for the individual named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or
responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or disclosure of this
information is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us by telephone on 020 7942 2353. This
message has been scanned for viruses by MessageLabs Email Security System
www.messagelabs.com/email