On 24/10/2011 21:27, Ariel Weinberg wrote:
> I'm interested in looking at examples of public access catalog websites from
> other museums who are using Mimsy, whether they're using Mobius or some other
> web design to present the information.

Ariel,

I'm late catching up on my mailing list reading, sorry.  The National Portrait
Gallery (London) uses MIMSY as their collections management system, and this
is the basis of both their online collection (http://www.npg.org.uk) and their
in-gallery touchscreen system, the Portrait Explorer.

The data from MIMSY is supplemented in this case by a number of other
databases, for example providing extended captions for artists, sitters and
portraits.

This example uses our COBOAT system to extract the data from MIMSY and the
other data sources (and from scanning image directories), and combine and
transform it to generate a new database on the website from which the online
collection is driven. (This isn't specific to MIMSY, it's broadly the same
system we've used with other collections management systems such as TMS at
other museums, eg MoMA, and bespoke databases in FileMaker, Access etc.)

I'd be happy to give more information, or David Saywell at the NPG could talk
more specifically about their arrangements.

Ben

--
Ben Rubinstein > Technical Director > Cogapp
address: Lees House, 21-33 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE, England