Dear all,

I'm sorry for cluttering up all our mailboxes, but there's no email address for
Lisa

and we don't seem to have a directory online anymore.

Lisa,

MCN doesn't actually "fund" the SIGs, rather they are more or less organic
groups that arise and sometimes disappear based on interest in the various
groups (and are usually spearheaded by one or two dedicated souls). Membership
in the SIG is free with your MCN membership. So you could say MCN funds the
California SIG b/c we get to have a page on the website, but no actual money
has come in from MCN in the past except for a few bucks to buy cookies once in
a while. In the past I've either paid for refreshments myself or cajoled others
to do that, and our lunches have typically been no-host; also everyone gets to
the SIG meetings on their own dime. It's not an unreasonable question though-I
remember how the Board laughed at me when I first started the SIG and asked
about our budget for mailings.

Marla Misunas

Cal SIG Chair, Northern California