(*I apologize if anyone has already received this message.  I'm having
trouble with my subscription so I'm trying from a different email address!*)

Hi, all!

We are in the nascent stages of publishing museum objects online.  I?ve
recently had a few staff members ask questions and raise concerns about
online publication hurting exhibition catalog sales (and that general idea).
 This is an old concern that I know has been disputed and calmed over the
past decade or so, but it?s a new concept/process for some of our staff.
 I?d like to share some examples or refer concerned parties to statistics
that show that online publication of collections has been shown to *increase
* attendance and sales.  I know that there are good quotes in the *LA Art
Online* report; can anyone point me toward other reports, stats, or personal
anecdotes that I could share?  Thanks so much!

Maggie

*Maggie Hanson*

Collections Information Manager | Portland Art Museum

*T* | +1 503.276.4224

*F* | +1 503.226.4201

*twitter* | @pamcollections <http://twitter.com/pamcollections>