Sorry for the multiple emails, but I need to clarify something: IIP wasn't
stripping color profiles, we'd erroneously not applied them when we
originally generated the PTIFFS.

So our choice to correct the zoomable images was heavy either way:
re-generate the PTIFFS with the ICC profile, or cut tiles with a script.

I'm planning a blog post about the process once we're done. Because this is
such an easy mistake to make and not something most web teams are familiar
with checking, I suspect there are a great number of institutions out there
with (sometimes majorly) incorrect colors in their online artwork... (As we
were for YEARS. Yikes!)

Nate